Slack Integration allows you to:
- Create and track an incident right from Slack.
- Add incident events right from Slack.
- Add teams, services, functionalities impacted right from Slack.
- Assign users to roles to handle the incident efficiently right from Slack.
- Get related playbooks right into Slack to troubleshoot the incident efficiently.
- Get notified from all incident activities in a master channel eg. #incidents
- Page Opsgenie or Pagerduty teams right from Slack. ( If integrated )
Slack Integration allows to create incidents, track, and add incidents events without leaving Slack.
You can setup this integration as a logged in admin user in the integrations page:
Some settings are available as configuring Slack incident channel prefix and master incident channels to make sure your team is notified.
Supported commands that can be used anywhere in Slack:
- /rootly create | new <title> - This will create a new incident with a dedicated channel.
- /rootly list - This will display a list of active incidents (10 max.)
- /rootly help - Shows available commands for interacting with the Rootly Slack bot
Supported commands that can only be used from an incident's Slack channel:
- /rootly add event <note> - This will create a new event and add it to the timeline event.
- /rootly add team - This will attach a team to an incident.
- /rootly add service - This will attach a service to an incident.
- /rootly add functionality - This will attach a functionality to an incident.
- /rootly mitigate - This will mark an incident as mitigated.
- /rootly resolve - This will mark an incident as resolved.
- /rootly publish - This will publish an incident and make it visible to your public status pages.
You can uninstall this integration in the integrations panel by clicking Configure > Delete
If you need help or more information about this integration, please contact email@example.com or use the lower right chat widget to get connected with an engineer.